A Prophetic Word in Pathetic Times
Prophetic Warning Signs For The 21st Century Church
Prepared by: Dr. Lonnie Sessoms, Jr. DD October 6th, 2000 (Preparing The Church for the 21st Century) Taken from Frank Damazio's Making of a Leader Series
Prophetic Warnings In Pathetic Times
Jeremiah 4:19-22; 6:10,17;
Psalm 34:19 32-7; 46:1
[puh-thet-ik] adjective 1. causing or evoking pity, sympathetic sadness, sorrow, etc.; pitiful; pitiable: a pathetic letter; a pathetic sight. 2. affecting or moving the feelings. 3. pertaining to or caused by the feelings.
4. miserably or contemptibly inadequate: In return for our investment we get a pathetic three percent interest.
Twelve Prophetic Warning Signs
Warning #1 When people no longer have prophetic ears to hear a present prophetic truth
Jeremiah 11: 10-11; 13:10; 6:10,17; 7:13, 27; 16:12; 17:24,27; 18:19; 16:3-5; 35:13; 37:2; 38:15; 44:16
Warning #2 When people refuse to discern the depth of their spiritual decay and rottenness.
Jeremiah 1:13-16; 2:11-13; 2:20-27; 13:7 ; 24-7-8; 8:8, Leviticus 18:24-25; Deuteronomy 9:4
Warning #3 When people do not learn from the mistakes and failures of past spiritual movements
Jeremiah 7:12-15; 26-.5-9-, 1 Corinthians 10: 1-12, 1Samuel 3:4
Warning #4 When people choose prophets based on their approval of the prophetic Without interest as to the Biblical accuracy.
Jeremiah 28:2-17; 5:12, 3:1; Lamentations 2:14
Warning #5 When people trust in religious externals and forsake, the true fountains of spiritual life
Jeremiah 2:1-13; Jeremiah 7:4-8; Romans 2:.1-28
Warning#6 When people build their spiritual house without righteousness and excuse themselves by modem day cultural comparisons
Jeremiah 23:12; Proverbs 30:12; Revelation 22: 1; II Peter 2:7
Warning #7 When people trust in modem day techniques, methods and programs more than in God.
Jeremiah 17-.5-8; 39:18
Warning #8 When people allow shallow commitment, and abuse of the Lord’s Day
Warning #9 When people are so backslidden they are willingly led by Leadership who are motivated by pride, money, and immorality
Jeremiah 2:26; 4:9; 6:13-15; 8:10-11
Warning #10 When people are consumed, with worshipping the idols of materialism, sexuality and entertainment.
Jeremiah 3:8-10; 5:27-29;7:1-10,25; Ecclesiastes 5:13-14 Psalms 39:6, Proverbs 11:4,28; 23:5
Warning #11 When the youth, who are of the Godly seed, become as the ungodly seed and still believe they are in covenant with God
Jeremiah 3:4, 24, 25; 22:21; 48:11; 5:7,17; 7:31; 31:19; 32:30, Lamentation 3:27; Proverbs 30:11,17; Matthew 15:4. 5,6
Warning #12 When people lose their Godly heritage and refuse to face the reality of spiritual degeneration, continuing on as if everything is alright.
1. You did not choose your membership ministry within the Body of Christ (I Corinthians 12:18; John 15:16)
2. God Set you in the ministry (I Corinthians 12:28)
3. The gifts and calling of God are based upon His sovereignty, not on human worthiness or persistence in requesting a position. Romans 11:22- "Behold the goodness and severity of God," applies to God's choice for ministry. The goodness of God is manifested in His gifts and callings.
•His severity is revealed in the process of His training to make a person ready to be commissioned to that calling.
•"To whom much is given, much is required (Luke 12:48)
•"My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. •Read I Kings 19:13-17
If we are to be fruitful in our ministry, we must get out of the cave and get to the mountain before the Lord to listen for the voice of God.
•Come out of the cave of self-pity mentality.
4. When there is continual criticism of other ministries and you feel you are the role model for all ministries, there are some deep root problems and hidden sins.
5 . Don't be motivated by a spirit of deception, prideful self-delusion, and the same kind of self importance demonstrated by Lucifer. Receive everything with Grace.
6. Suffering is the standard for Prophetic Ministers (Ezekiel 2:6; Jeremiah 20:2; 1 Peter 4:12; II Timothy 3:12)
7. There is a restoration of revelation truth through the Prophetic Ministry (Ephesians 3:5; II Corinthian 12:7-10)
8. A New Place is a Dangerous Place (Acts 5: 1 -11)
9. Become Interdependent and not Independent.
10. There is a plowing coming from the Lord, when He will turn things up side down, and expose it for what it is, then rake and burn everything that's not of Him (Malachi 3:1-3; 1 Corinthians 3:12-15)
11. God is pulling the plug on the support system of every ministry that is not properly related within the Body of Christ.
12. Isaiah 52:2, "Wake Up, and Shake Loose".